Salary Depending on Experience
Plus Company Benefits*
Marches Biogas is an industry leading anaerobic digestion (AD) engineering company formed in 2009. We have extensive experience of plant design, equipment manufacture, installation and operational support within the industry having built, maintained, and supported over 30 anaerobic digestion plants ranging from 50 kWe to large scale facilities utilising feedstocks including energy crops, farm slurries, food, and industrial wastes. Marches biogas prides itself on high working standards with dedicated members of staff.
Our continued growth within the business had led to the expansion and demand within the SHEQ Team and therefore has created a great opportunity to join our team.
As part of the SHEQ Team, the position will aid the SHEQ managers by providing high-quality administration, assistance and support to the Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental Managers to ensure all activities are carried out in compliance to the company standards, industry standards and regulatory standards. The role will be primarily to assist our Environmental Manager along with supporting the SHQ Manager.
The SHEQ Coordinator role will be heavily involved in maintaining and contributing to the company’s ISO accreditation to 9001, 14001 and 45001 standards along with participating in management system reviews and internal / external audits.
The suitable candidate will receive training throughout the role for required skills.
- Management and submission of AD facilities quarterly/annual waste returns to regulatory waste tracking systems.
- Undertake site visits to AD / Waste facilities to ensure sites remain complaint with environmental permits and HSE requirements.
- Organising and carrying out regular testing and inspecting of equipment internal to the company i.e., harnesses, slings & gas monitors.
- Attendance to AD facilities and Wastewater Treatment Sites will be required as part of the role to assist with site compliance audits and regulatory meetings.
- Assistance in writing audit reports
- Assist in promoting a positive culture and continual improvement of safety, health, environment, and quality standards throughout the company.
- Compile and maintain accurate records of relevant SHEQ data, monthly company statistics and key performance indicators. Ensure they are published and communicated.
- Minute taking for SHEQ meeting and distribution of minutes to relevant staff members.
- Social media updates relevant to SHEQ.
- Responsible for updating the SHEQ notice boards within the workplace and communication to staff members of SHEQ notices.
- Provide administrative support in safety, health, environment, and quality matters in conjunction with the SHEQ function.
- Support with any ad hoc duties as and when required due to being a small company.
- Positive working attitude
- Computer literate - Microsoft Office Skills essential
- Good communication skills, written & verbal
- Good organisational skills and time management skills
- Self-motivated but can also work in a team
- Farming / Agricultural / Water industry background advantageous although not required
- Full UK driving licence
- 5 GCSEs (A-C) including English and Maths (or equivalent)
- Ideally, previous administration skills and management systems admin desirable.
- Desirable basic Health Safety & Environmental understanding however training can be given to support this.
- Desirable but not essential WAMITAB / EPOC
- Desirable but not essential Auditing experience
- Role would suit Further Education / Graduate, Flexible / Full Time or Part time working arrangements available.
Private Health Care & Life Insurance
If you think that you might be a good fit for this exciting role, then please get in touch.
Email your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: Only applicants with UK right to work will be considered
*Company benefits include 20 days holiday plus bank holidays with 1 days additional holiday for each year worked up to a maximum of 5 years. Opportunity to become a shareholder of Marches Biogas after completing the six month probation period together with life and health insurance.