Process Engineer £25,000 - £40,000 Salary Depending on Experience Plus Company Benefits*
Marches Biogas is based in Ludlow Shropshire. We are the UK’s leading provider of anaerobic digestion solutions for agriculture and waste management industries with more than 30 years AD experience. We also offer AD consultancy services including DSEAR assessments, site surveys, process and equipment selection reviews, design and implementation of plant upgrades as well as delivering major AD plant upgrades for our clients, including direct work with the water utilities. We also deliver mechanical, biological and operational support for many AD plants within the UK.
Skills and experience required
- Ideally degree qualified in a relevant technical discipline, ideally an Engineering discipline
- At least 2 years experience with proven track record, of creating process improvements
- Understanding of the anaerobic digestion process
- Familiar with the functions and capabilities of instrumentation
- Understand and ability to create Engineering Line Diagrams/Process Instrumentation Diagrams
- Understanding of engineering drawings
- Basic knowledge of AutoCad 2D
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Experience in understanding and providing head loss calculations
- Working knowledge of pumping solutions and pump selection
- Understanding of CDM responsibilities and associated health & safety requirements both in construction and in design
- A keen interest in getting involved in all aspects of a project, both theoretical and practical.
As a Process Engineer at Marches Biogas you will have end to end responsibility for developing design solutions and process improvements, undertaking DSEAR assessments for plants both designed by ourselves but more increasingly for plants designed and built by others. The role will involve on-site surveys, ongoing relevant DSEAR and AD industry training, relevant research, developing ideas, designing solutions and seeing the solution through to commissioning..
Main responsibilities of the role
Design and Implement
- Design solutions to implement innovative new ideas and support plant upgrades
- Production of process and instrumentation diagrams to reflect agreed scope
- Develop process specifications and associated equipment selection
- Produce process calculations to confirm parameters, equipment sizing
- Confirm pipework line sizes via head loss calculations in order to confirm pump and compressor requirements
- Input into all phases of a project including initial business development and client and subcontractor liaison
- Oversee the building and commissioning of projects
- Full site surveys covering equipment selection and process assessments
- Undertaking site DSEAR assessments to highlight areas for improvement and compliance to industry best practice
If you think that you might be a good fit for this exciting role, then please get in touch.
Email your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: Only applicants with UK right to work will be considered
*Company benefits include 20 days holiday plus bank holidays with 1 days additional holiday for each year worked up to a maximum of 5 years. Opportunity to become a shareholder of Marches Biogas after completing the six month probation period together with life and health insurance.