Project Manager £35,000 - £55,000 Salary Depending On Experience Plus Company Benefits*
Marches Biogas is based in Ludlow Shropshire. We are the UK’s leading provider of anaerobic digestion solutions for agriculture and waste management industries with more than 30 years AD experience. We also offer AD consultancy services including DSEAR assessments, site surveys, process and equipment selection reviews, design and implementation of plant upgrades as well as delivering major AD plant upgrades for our clients, including direct work with the water utilities. We also deliver mechanical, biological and operational support for many AD plants within the UK.
- Reports to the Director
- Reports to Director
Working within the Marches Biogas design and delivery team, responsible for the overall coordination from cradle to grave for plant expansions, upgrades and new build schemes. Scope includes input into the initial proposal and draft construction programmes, setting budgets for materials and resource, client liaison, and ensuring all aspects of the project are managed, through solution identification & development, detailed design, construction, commissioning, handover and closedown.
- Manage projects through the whole life, including identifying required team resource, setting and ensuring completion of key deliverables, identifying and engaging with key equipment suppliers and M&E contractors, ensuring procurement is in line with project budgets, monitoring and reporting on cost and programme, and manging the commercial and contractual elements of the project.
- Manage the delivery team to deliver the project through all phases from design, procurement, installation and commissioning.
- Ensure key contract monitoring documents are in place, to ensure both programme and costs are monitored and reported to directors and client.
- Overall responsibility to ensure all aspects of the project are delivered on time and to budget.
- Review commencement information handed over from Client and ensure adequacy for progressing project. Agree plan to resolve any shortfalls.
- Ensure all orders are prepared and issued to secure all necessary equipment purchases and subcontractor placements.
- Obtain all necessary approvals to proceed with project phases (scope and financial sign off) in line with standard procedures.
- Effectively and efficiently meet defined project scopes and optimise whole-life costs, in accordance with best practice, organisational policies and H&S legislation.
- Through the engineering team, ensure technical scopes are sufficiently developed, in accordance with milestones, to enable accurate costs and robust designs to be produced. Liaise with Construction Coordinator to ensure constructability is fully considered.
- Manage the project contractually, ensuring all notices and applications are made in line with the agreed conditions of contract.
- Manage, mitigate against and disseminate where necessary, project risk.
- Ensure 3rd party issues and interfaces are managed.